Tonka Water’s Unitized Treatment System (UTS™) is a complete physical/chemical treatment process in a single package unit. It consists of a three-stage process of flocculation, settling and filtration. UTS™ systems are primarily used to remove moderate to high turbidity in challenging surface waters, but can also be applied in any high solids application. UTS™ technology can also be applied for water re-use, wastewater recycle and processing of Title 22 water in California.
- The key advantage to the UTS™ is its compact design occupying minimal floor space.
- Our UTS™ technology comes with our Simul-Wash™ backwash system, making the complete water plant a green technology. We maintain gravel-supported media to ensure low headloss and conservative operation – and we guarantee efficient results.
- The construction of the UTS™ can be steel, aluminum or concrete, and employs tube settlers in the sedimentation section.
- Our MechVac™ mechanized sludge removal system is incorporated in the UTS™ to ensure superior solids management and high productivity.
- Uni-Pac™ is a settling enhancement using parallel plate technology. Whether incorporated in new or retrofit construction, the Uni-Pac™ offers maximum space efficiency in any UTS™ system.
Surface water, groundwater and wastewater
The UTS™ is a physical/chemical process system with flocculation, sedimentation and filtration. Typically oxidant, polymer and polymer aid are added upstream of mixing to ensure optimal contaminant removal. Contact Tonka Water for assistance in selecting UTS™ chemicals or control strategies, and take advantage of our hundreds of units in operation.
- 1 /3
City of Kelleys Island
- 2 /3
Trinity Bay Conservation District
- 3 /3